Vitamin C it’s the most Googled skincare ingredient of all time! So here’s everything you need to know!
Everyday skincare is something that we don’t question. Looking after your skin and preventing ageing has become a part of everyday life in our modern world in which we are constantly looking out for that perfect ingredient that will improve our skin complexion.
Vitamin C is super beneficial for us, but what is worth consideration, is which product to get and how to prepare your skin in order to fully absorb the ingredient a reap its benefits. Azthetics would like to share some useful information about this fine-tuned ingredient and how to get the most of it.
What is Vitamin C and where can we get it from?
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is an antioxidant that help to protect cells against the effects of free radicals. Free radicals are molecules that are produced when your body breaks down food or is exposed to radiation from the sun, tobacco smoke or other sources. Vitamin C also helps to absorb and store iron in your body.
Vitamin C isn’t naturally produced in your body; that’s why you need to obtain it from your daily diet. Vitamin C is found in fruits and vegetables like berries, citrus fruits, cabbage, broccoli, spinach, peppers, tomatoes or potatoes. While our bodies can get vitamin C from food, our skin is the last organ that will receive this ingredient from digestions, which means, that needs additional product that can be absorbed to its layer. Additionally, even in those with good oral intake, gastrointestinal absorption is often poor.
Benefits of Vitamin C in your skin
Vitamin C is a real champion if comes to skincare. It has ability to brighten complexion, even skin tone, and reduce pigmentation. Vitamin C helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and reduces the rate of collagen loss. Vitamin C can be added to many forms of skincare products available, so you can apply it according to your skin type and needs.
Forms of Skincare with vitamin C
- Serums –with its form of lightweight moisturiser and ability to penetrate deeper to deliver active ingredients to the skin, this would be an example of an ideal vitamin c skin product to use every day.
- Cream/moisturisers -the use of a face cream is important because it locks the moisture and elasticity in your skin. Vitamin C in a form or a cream additionally can help reduce wrinkles, fine lines and age spots.
- Masks – are the perfect skincare treatment to help with the skin concerns. Vitamin C face mask can help reduce the appearance of under-eye circles, fade hyperpigmentation, reduce redness, even skin tone as well as brightening and moisturising the skin.
- Cleanser – will help to remove dirt, makeup, excess oil, sweat, or dead skin cells from the skin. With additional ingredient of vitamin C – It will refresh the skin and brighten complexion. It also creates a perfectly clean foundation to apply products like serum or face cream.
- Eye cream – is specifically formulated for the sensitive skin around the eye. It contains more active ingredients that a regular cream. Adding a vitamin C into this formula is a perfect solution for circles under the eyes, brightening the eye area and wrinkles.
- Non-topical (supplements) – this form of taking Vitamin C help to maintain healthy skin, as well as fend off the signs of ageing and heal any existing skin damage. Vitamin C in supplements are the perfect choice for anyone who wants to improve the healthy balance to their diet and as a skin supplement. For best bioavailability, intravenous infusion should be considered
In our online shop, we have a perfect range of Vitamin C skin products, they are specifically targeted to improve and brighten the skin complexion, energise and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Our products are only available to order after having a skin consultation with one of our doctors. Our skin consultation is complimentary, and we can discuss your skin concerns and help you to choose the right product to use in your skincare.
How to prep the skin?
Its is very important that your skin is clean from dirt, excess oil or makeup before applying vitamin C products onto layers of your skin. For the product to be fully absorbed you need to have a clean foundation, that will be able to absorb as much of this healthy ingredient as possible.
Always use a face cleanser and wash your face with lukewarm water. If you wear makeup, consider using a light face exfoliator, this will help to clear makeup more efficiently from your pores. Applying a face toner removes last traces of dirt and impurities stuck in your pores.
It is recommended to have a chemical peel done a few times a year. A deep chemical peel removes dead skin from its outer layer, that will effectively rebuild a healthy, fresh-looking skin with the reduced appearance of fine lines, aces and blemishes. A chemical peel will effectively improve the skin clarity and ability to fully absorb the products to your skin.
Benefits of using vitamin C skin products?
Vitamin C in long term will have amazing benefits to your skin. Regular application into clear skin every day will effectively help to reduce redness, even out your skin tone, fade pigmentation, smooth the skin’s surface and reduce dullness. Vitamin C products will reduce the circles under the eyes and promotes collagen production. These all combined will give you a youthful, heathy glow and beautiful fresh skin.
Azthetics Clinic is a doctor-led clinic where we proud ourselves in bespoke cosmetic treatments and promote the overall health and well-being of our clients. To find out more about our clinic, please follow us on Intagram and Facebook.
Have a look at our News section to find – our latest blogs, tips, and useful information that we would love to share with you!